Intro page/console homepage

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
Author
Message
macan
Cacti User
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 am
Location: Czech
Contact:

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#136 Post by macan » Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 am

jon22 wrote:Hi Macan,
I attached the general_log of mysql which I enabled before installing intropage plugin.
I user dev version of plugin as recommended but I had the same errors.
I attched the mysql general_log and printscreen with errors.
I could not find the errors in general_log which is strange.
Thank you for your support.
Please try modify file lib/plugins.php, line 734:
db_execute_prepared('INSERT INTO plugin_hooks
(name, hook, function, file, status)
VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)',
array($plugin, $hook, $function, $file, $status));

new code:
db_execute_prepared('INSERT INTO plugin_hooks
(name, hook, `function`, file, status)
VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)',
array($plugin, $hook, $function, $file, $status));

It seems that in your mysql server version is word 'function' reserved
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/keywords.html

jon22
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 8:48 am

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#137 Post by jon22 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 am

Hello Macan,

Your advice was very good. I solved that problem.
But I cant see the intropage, I see only configuration for intropage.
I attached print screens with things I saw you requested from other people to help them troubleshoot similar problems.
I also change database to mariadb, but I still cannot access intropage.
I try all settings from configuration/users/admin/ related to intropage
I am using cacti version 123 and intropage dev, and mariadb 10.1.38

Thanks
Attachments
user management admin options.PNG
user management admin options.PNG (51.48 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
sql_result.PNG
sql_result.PNG (29.28 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

macan
Cacti User
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 am
Location: Czech
Contact:

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#138 Post by macan » Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 am

jon22 wrote:Hello Macan,

Your advice was very good. I solved that problem.
But I cant see the intropage, I see only configuration for intropage.
I attached print screens with things I saw you requested from other people to help them troubleshoot similar problems.
I also change database to mariadb, but I still cannot access intropage.
I try all settings from configuration/users/admin/ related to intropage
I am using cacti version 123 and intropage dev, and mariadb 10.1.38

Thanks
Any errors in log? Please send console screenshot and result of these queries:
select * from plugin_intropage_user_setting
select * from plugin_intropage_panel

jon22
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 8:48 am

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#139 Post by jon22 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 am

Hello Macan,

I have added the requested information

Thanks
Attachments
log.PNG
log.PNG (231.61 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
console print screen.PNG
console print screen.PNG (195.83 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
queries.PNG
queries.PNG (53 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

macan
Cacti User
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 am
Location: Czech
Contact:

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#140 Post by macan » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 am

jon22 wrote:Hello Macan,

I have added the requested information

Thanks
Try SQL query - select * from plugin_hooks where name='intropage';
I'm expecting no resulted rows

After it, please try disable-deinstall-install-enable intropage plugin again and watch cacti log.
and run SQL query again. The result could be:
MariaDB [cacti]> select * from plugin_hooks where name='intropage';
+------+-----------+---------------------------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+--------+
| id | name | hook | file | function | status |
+------+-----------+---------------------------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+--------+
| 2463 | intropage | config_form | include/settings.php | intropage_config_form | 1 |
| 2464 | intropage | config_settings | include/settings.php | intropage_config_settings | 1 |
| 2465 | intropage | login_options_navigate | include/settings.php | intropage_login_options_navigate | 1 |
| 2466 | intropage | top_header_tabs | include/tab.php | intropage_show_tab | 1 |
| 2467 | intropage | top_graph_header_tabs | include/tab.php | intropage_show_tab | 1 |
| 2468 | intropage | console_after | include/settings.php | intropage_console_after | 1 |
| 2469 | intropage | user_admin_setup_sql_save | include/settings.php | intropage_user_admin_setup_sql_save | 1 |
| 2470 | intropage | user_group_admin_setup_sql_save | include/settings.php | intropage_user_group_admin_setup_sql_save | 1 |
| 2471 | intropage | graph_buttons | include/helpers.php | intropage_graph_button | 1 |
| 2472 | intropage | graph_buttons_thumbnails | include/helpers.php | intropage_graph_button | 1 |
| 2473 | intropage | poller_bottom | setup.php | intropage_poller_bottom | 1 |
+------+-----------+---------------------------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+--------+

jon22
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 8:48 am

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#141 Post by jon22 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:13 am

Hello Macan,

This " please try disable-deinstall-install-enable intropage plugin again and watch cacti log. " helped a lot.
I am new to Cacti and I was missing enable step.
Intropage works great.

Thanks a lot!

macan
Cacti User
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 am
Location: Czech
Contact:

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#142 Post by macan » Thu May 16, 2019 3:22 am

jon22 wrote:Hello Macan,

This " please try disable-deinstall-install-enable intropage plugin again and watch cacti log. " helped a lot.
I am new to Cacti and I was missing enable step.
Intropage works great.

Thanks a lot!

Great!
It isn't your fault. Cacti has problem with your mysql version (reserved word 'function'). Intropage installation wasn't successful - few sql insert ended with errors. If cacti find out that plugin generates errors, cacti disable it automatically.
Deinstall and reinstall causes new installation and all queries were successful.

optimist
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#143 Post by optimist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:45 am

Hi,

I accidentaly make new post for my intropage issue, im sorry:

https://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59915

Can you help me with this problem please?

Thank you very much.

macan
Cacti User
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 am
Location: Czech
Contact:

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#144 Post by macan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:07 pm

optimist wrote:Hi,

I accidentaly make new post for my intropage issue, im sorry:

https://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59915

Can you help me with this problem please?

Thank you very much.
Try at the bottom choose reset to default. Someone has the same problem.
If problem persists, try develop version from github (1.8.3)

optimist
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

Re: Intro page/console homepage

#145 Post by optimist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 pm

macan wrote:
optimist wrote:Hi,

I accidentaly make new post for my intropage issue, im sorry:

https://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59915

Can you help me with this problem please?

Thank you very much.
Try at the bottom choose reset to default. Someone has the same problem.
If problem persists, try develop version from github (1.8.3)
Thank you! It works now :)

Post Reply