GRAPH CONSOLIDATION...

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Author
MagnaChef
Cacti User

GRAPH CONSOLIDATION...

#1 Post by MagnaChef » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:20 pm

All,

What is the best way to combine (for example) 4 cpu graphs into one graph within Cacti. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jas0420
Cacti User

#2 Post by jas0420 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:49 pm

I happened to have wrote up a big how-to this morning for a similar question here: http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=8415

He's not doing quite the same thing... his was a little more complicated because he wanted an average of several CPU's instead of seeing them all individually (but on one graph) like I've understood your request to be.

If you're just wanting to see 1 graph with say... 4 lines, each representing a particular CPU, then do the steps below. This is assuming you are already graphing the CPU's in other individual graphs right now. If not, go get them graphing individually first because we have to hijack their Data Sources. Once you're done, proceed below:

1) Go to "Graph Management"
2) Select "Add"
3) Leave both "Selected Graph Template" and "Host" set to "None" and click "Create"
4) Give your graph a title
5) Click "Create"
6) Now you have a spot to add Graph Items. Click "Add" here.
7) Leave "Select a host" set to "Any"
8) In the Data Source pull-down, locate and select the Data Source for the first CPU you are wanting to graph.
9) Select the color that you want this particular CPU to be
10) Change the graph item type to something that will graph (I'd suggest "Line 1, 2, or 3" for what you're doing)
11) Change the Consolidation Function to "Last"
12) Skip down to "Text Format" and give it a name that will apear in the legend ("Server A - CPU" or something like that)
13) Click "Create"
14) Repeat steps 6 through 12 for each item you want to add.

Best of luck,
Jason

MagnaChef
Cacti User

#3 Post by MagnaChef » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:02 am

Awesome job! This was one of the best HOW-TO's I've seen on these boards! :D

Thanks for your help!!!

jas0420
Cacti User

#4 Post by jas0420 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:29 am

Anytime. Glad it helped...

Jason

MagnaChef
Cacti User

#5 Post by MagnaChef » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:56 am

The odd thing though, was that my RRDs didn't have a Last CF. But I worked around it.

NT

#6 Post by NT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:08 pm

Hi,

Can you share how you got around the Last CF problem? I'm currently experiencing this at the moment.

Thanks,
Nick.

abdulcc
Cacti User

I get the same cf error message

#7 Post by abdulcc » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 am

ERROR: the RRD does not contain an RRA matching the chosen CF

How did you workaround this issue

gandalf
Developer

#8 Post by gandalf » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:19 am

Check your rra definitions (just below Data Sources). Select them one by one to find 4 possible consolidation functions. One of the is LAST. If you multi-select all of the wanted consolidation functions ALL rrd files created from now on will get this new consolidation function. This will increase the rrd file size (assuming you had only 2 cf's set before, now you would have three. This would reult in an increase of about 50%).
This will NOT change any existing file.
And, yes, it would be a bit nasty to change back and forth.
Attention: Importing templates will often bring rra defintions that would override your settings. So carefully check settings for rra's after each import
Reinhard